Information on Engg. Institutions

Thursday

I think for all the students who have just lift their foot into the direction of the most competitive
,frustrating and exploring engineering life it's important to know about the most reputed
and prestigious colleges of India offering degree courses .They are as follows(in no specific
order):

1)IIT-Indian Institute of Technology(B,D,G,K,Kgp,M,R): no doubt the best engg. colleges of India.It provides a mixed blend of various traditional courses (B.Tech as well as M.Tech)such as electrical,computers and mechanical along with the upcoming and expanding courses like biotechnology,pulp,mathematical and computation etc .
In addition, some IITs offer Dual Degree M.Tech(5 years). programmes wherein both B.Tech. and M.Tech. degrees are awarded at the end of the programme.
The clear cut solution for getting into anyone of the IIT is through JEE(joint entrance exam).
JEE - Joint Entrance Examination is a common admission test for candidates seeking
admission to the B.Tech and M.Tech programme. It is conducted by all the seven IITs in the month of April every year. Candidates who have secured 60% (5% relaxation for SC/ST/PD) marks in aggregate in their respective board examination are eligible for the test. The JEE will be a objective type examination (till now as no further information are provided by them) .
For further information visit:
www.iitd.ac.in,www.iitb.ac.in

2)NSIT-Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology/DCE-Delhi College of Engg:
both NSIT and DCE are under Delhi university.It's also one of the most reputed engg colleges
.Both provide BTech and PhD courses in various fields.While NSIT is situated in Dwarka,DELHI
DCE is situated inRohini, Bawana Road,DELHI. Unlike IIT's there are very limited amount of streams available.
For getting into any one of them is through CEE(common entrance test) conducted by Delhi university in the month of may every year.Candidates who have secured 60% (5% relaxation for SC/ST/PD) marks in aggregate in their respective board examination are eligible for the test.There is 85% seats reserved for Delhi region candidates(who have passes their 12th from a school in Delhi) and remaining 15% for outside Delhi region candidates.CEE is applicable for only Delhi region candidates and for outside Delhi selection list will be based on the all India rank given in AIEEE(All India entrance exam conducted by CBSE).
The examination pattern is fully objective consisting of 180 questions.Though there are speculations made that the entrance for Delhi and outside Delhi candidates will be made through only on AIEEE basis in near future.
For more details visit:
www.nsit.ac.in,www.dce.ac.in,www.nsitonline.in

3)BITS-Birla Institute of Technology and Science(pilani,Goa,Dubai):
Most high tech and one of the oldest colleges providing engg courses in India.It provides BE and MSc degree in various fields like IIT's.
There are two ways for getting an admission:
a))direct admission to the board toppers from different regions in India......remember board toppers.(i know it's seem to be pretty straight forward)
b))Through BITSAT, an online objective question paper conducted every year. Candidates who have secured 80% marks in PCM and 60% marks in English in their respective board examination are eligible for the test.
For more details visit: www.bits-pilani.ac.in

4)NIT-National Institute of Technology( Kerela , West Bengal , Himachal Pradesh ,Jharkhand, Haryana , Bihar ,Orissa ,Assam, J & K ,Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh):
Again a very good institutes spreaded all over India.Their admission procedure is through AIEEE conducted in April every year.
The paper is of objective type.The minimum requirement for appearing in AIEEE is the 10+2 level examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Education Examination.
For more details visit: www.aieee.nic.in

Submitted by Gaurav Jain

1 opinions:

They provide BE, not BTech. Haan bhai, IIM wale ko engg. degree ki kyon chinta ho.

dragonofages said...
14 July 2007 at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment